Sunday, July 22, 2007

AMBER TEETHING NECKLACES by ChookMook

Why Amber Teething Necklaces by ChookMook are superior to imported necklaces sold on TradeMe...

  • I use genuine pure Baltic Amber nuggets … not chips or pressed beads (amber pieces glued and pressed into a bead shape) and my amber has not been heat treated to improve clarity.

  • They are handmade in New Zealand with quality components. No plastic clasps, and only the best quality standard sterling silver clasp, or a sterling silver magnetic clasp. I searched high and low for a magnetic clasp that does not require glue to hold the magnet in place - reducing the risk of the glue wearing off and the magnet falling out and being swallowed (*GULP*). My magnets have been press fit into place.

  • They are an appropriate length (approx 12″) to ensure the majority of children shouldn’t be able to fit the necklace in their mouth while it’s been worn. Many of the pictures on TradeMe show kids with the necklaces hanging halfway down their chests.

  • They are strung on 100% silk. None of the imported necklaces specify what they are strung on.

  • Have been handmade by a jewellery artist paid a fair wage (aka me).

  • I guess you could say I’ve managed to combine the best of both modern and traditional jewellery methods with my amber teething necklaces.

No comments: